Keno is widely played game at online casinos and sites in Canada. Winning Keno can even make you a millionaire as sometimes the game jackpots are over $5 million CAD. With no skill and low cost this popular game is all about luck and chance. When you opt to play Keno at online casinos you will find that you can wager on different types of bets. The bets can be as low as few cents and as high as $100 depending upon the type of game you choose to play. Lottery keno on the other hand has a fixed wager in Canada and gaming tickets start from $1- $2 onwards. If you add a bonus game you pay a dollar more to play and win the game.
This means at online casinos you can aim for higher payouts with a lower chance of winning. You can also choose to pick a lower amount of numbers, decreasing your jackpots but increasing your wins per round. The game has many variations at online sites. Some games are like video slots and have many rounds to play as compared to live Keno at real casinos where only one round of Keno takes place every 3- 5 minutes in Canada.
Types of bets available to play at Keno games online
Here are few well known types of bets that you can find at online casinos to play the game of Keno.
- Straight bet is a bet with a specific amount of numbers chosen. You will then have to hit all or some of your selected numbers, depending on how many you’ve chosen, in order to win. This type of bet ticket has only one selection of numbers.
- Way bets are applied to way tickets that can have several different selections of numbers. You can choose different groupings and different number amounts. Suppose you can have a group of 4 numbers, a different group of 4 numbers, and then a group of all 8 numbers. There isn’t a limit on the number of selections you can make. In fact, one popular bet is a 190-way ticket which means this ticket has 190 ways to win.
- King number bets will have one number (that will be added to all of your other groupings of numbers. This king number will also play as a one spot by itself. Suppose you have a ticket with two 3-spot bets, and you then select a king number. You would then have 3 separate groupings. Your two 3-spot bets plus the king number, making them 4-spot bets, plus a 1-spot bet consisting of just your king number.
- Split bets are those that have Keno tickets with a combination of more than one straight bet. It pays and plays the same as if you had marked a straight bet on two separate tickets. There is no special advantage to playing the bets on one ticket. For many players this is a disadvantage to play a split ticket, because you aren’t allowed to pick a number twice. You are unable to use the same number on both of your straight bets.
- Combination bet is exactly what it sounds like: a ticket with a combination of several different grouping types. You could choose to have way bets, straight bets, king bets, etc., all combined on one ticket. You will be paying for each combination you choose to make.
- Progressive bets are applied to Keno lottery-style game that can pay lottery-sized jackpots in a Progressive payout game. These games can be found both online and on land-based Keno lounge floors. The rules can vary so important is to read the rules about the game you are playing like jackpot-style games is the Nevada Mega 10 Keno Progressive. This jackpot has reached several million dollars. It is won by selecting 10 winning numbers. Similarly at Canadian land casinos you will find progressive bet Keno games to play.
Keno at online casinos
At online casinos Keno Numbers are drawn at random, with every number having an equal chance of being selected on each and every round.
Some keno games also have an auto-play option, where you can retain the same set of numbers for a pre-determined number of games, and each new race will then begin automatically. Another variation is that some keno games will give a you a Quick Pick option, where your numbers are randomly selected for you. You can retain these for as long as you like using auto play, or use the quick pick option to select new numbers for you before each race.
When you play online, you will also find lots of variations in the themes and visuals to have fun and lively keno games with music, entertaining graphics and prizes to win.
Many online casinos will offer promotions on their Keno games and there will be for specific types of bets, or during specific draw times. They will offer discounted wagers or higher payouts on these bets as well.
Playing video keno you can look for a game that has added bonus features. Since the numbers are drawn at random, these will not have worse odds than a standard game. Also some will offer much lower payouts so be sure to check that you are still receiving a fair payout.
Finally remember that Keno is a game of variable payouts. One game can have dramatically different payouts for the same number groupings than another. In fact, many machines will have different payouts on the same game. You could be playing for a much different amount than the person next to you.
It’s always important to look at payouts before choosing to play a Keno game. This is especially true in video Keno, but is also common in land casinos. Look for the best payouts and enjoy the keno game with confidence. Try your luck at wonderful Canadian online casinos to play Keno and try the different bets where the payout percentages are higher than in land-based casinos.