There are many people who dream of winning some type of prize that gives them a lot of money. That dream leads many people to the different casinos around the world and online. There are others who enter every contest that they can find with the hope of winning big.
In Canada the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation runs the OLG Daily Keno as one of their top lottery games followed by Atlantic Keno as the second most popular Lotto game.. You will find a wide range of bets that makes it easy to wager as much as you want with different levels of risk. The Daily Keno is one of their most popular games with thousands of people playing every single day.
How to play Daily Keno Canada
The game consists of a board that contains the numbers 1 to 70. Players choose between 2 and 10 numbers for their ticket. They decide how much they want to bet on each ticket. The amount that a person can win depends on the amount of numbers they choose and how many of those winning numbers match what are drawn in the Daily lottery. It is possible to win a jackpot of $250,000.
Before trying to win the daily Keno lottery it is important that you know how to play. There are a couple of options that need to be considered when making the choices.
- Twenty winning numbers between 1 and 70 are drawn.
- There are two draws per day – at 2 p.m. (Eastern Time) known as Midday draw and a 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) called the Evening draw each day.
- You can choose the Pick category you would like to play. Choose from a 2 PICK (2 numbers) up to a 10 PICK (10 numbers).
- Bet $1, $2, $5 or $10. The more you bet, the more you can win
- Match your numbers to the 20 winning numbers to win
There are two ways to decide what numbers to pick once you have decided how many numbers you want to pick. You can opt for a quick pick ticket. This means the computer will select your numbers at random. The player only choose how much and how many numbers to bet. The second way to pick numbers is to choose your own numbers. It is difficult to say which method gives you better odds at winning. The predictions that you make are often as good as the ones that the computer makes.
One important thing that people want to know is what time is daily keno draw done. The Ontario Daily Keno lottery is held twice a day. There is a midday drawing and an evening drawing.
The second concern that players have is how to choose the best numbers. It is not possible to know what the winning numbers will be, but it is possible to know what past winning daily keno numbers are. There are plenty of lists that provide the past winning numbers that have been drawn for the Keno Midday numbers and the evening numbers. It is possible to determine the frequency of the numbers drawn to come up with a list of numbers to play on a consistent basis.
Few things to remember
- Encore is available on Daily Keno play for only $1
- Lottery players can win from $2 to $2.5 million playing Daily Keno
- You can play up to two boards using the new daily Keno selection slip or up to four boards if you are playing Quick Pick at a lottery retailer.
- The most popular Daily Keno selections are 4 Pick, 5 Pick and 10 Pick. The majority of Daily Keno players select their own numbers rather than using Quick Pick. When you choose Quick Pick, the retailer will ask you how many numbers you want to play and how much you want to bet.
- A 2 p.m. the Midday draw will be added for Pick-2, Pick-3, Pick-4, Daily Keno and Encore only.
- There is no effect on the odds or rules for Daily Keno games aside from the fact that there are now two daily draws for this game.
- Always fill out and sign your ticket as your ticket needs to have all required information filled out on the front and back of the ticket.
- Also check your ticket yourself to see if you have won and have your customer receipt with you.
Check your results with Daily Keno OLG App
Recently OLG launched the app where you can check your Daily Keno lotto results on the go whenever you wish to. You can scan your tickets and if you have a OLG Gift card check your money balance, find the winning numbers, get jackpot reminders as well as discover the closest OLG retailers to your location, allowing you to take care of all your lottery needs at your convenience.
Ways to Win Daily Keno Canada
There are a total of 22 different ways to win in this game. However, the most popular bet is the 10 Pick where a player tries to guess 10 of the 20 numbers that are drawn. The odds of getting 10 numbers right are one in 2,147,181, and this pays out $250,000 for every dollar that you bet.
Getting nine numbers right pays $5,000 times the size of your bet, and the chances are one in 47,238. Hitting eight numbers has a one in 2,571 chance with a $200 prize per dollar wagered, and match seven numbers pays a $25 prize for every dollar that you bet on your ticket with a 1 in 261 chance of hitting.
You also have a one in 39 chance of getting exactly zero numbers correct, and you win a $2 prize on a $1 bet for this result.
Winning any lottery is part chance and part strategy. In order to come up with a strategy, you need to make sure you understand the odds that are faced with any bet that it placed. You need to take the time to study the numbers and the randomness with which they are drawn. Doing these things will help you come up with a strategy that may help win the jackpot you desire. There is one part of the strategy that should never be left out.
Do not forget to buy the tickets. The only sure way to win the lottery is to buy the ticket that has the winning numbers. If you do not buy a ticket, you cannot win.
How to claim price if you win in Daily Keno
In case you win Daily Keno or any of the OLG lotto you need to take your signed ticket to the OLG retailer for prize verification on a lottery terminal. If you have won you will see a winning message on the Customer Display Screen and hear a winning message play from the lottery terminal.
For lotto tickets, your winning prize amount will be printed (or ‘branded’) on the front, left-hand side of your original ticket. If the retailer can pay your prize, he or she will tear through the bar code of your paid-out ticket, and return the validated ticket to you along with the corresponding Customer Receipt.
- If a retailer is unable to validate your ticket because it is damaged you must mail it to the Prize Centre to determine if the ticket has won a prize.
- The retailer will pay your prize amount in cash. Every retailer can pay up to (and including) $50. Retailers have the option to pay up to $999.90 (as long as they have the cash available).
- If you still have draws remaining on your winning ticket, you will be provided with an Exchange Ticket from the lottery terminal. This will be your ticket for the remaining draws.